[Piuparts-devel] multi-arch piuparts

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu Feb 13 18:06:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have been thinking a bit about running piuparts for multiple
architectures, but written no code at all ...
The first thing we would have to change is the logfile name, this should
become
so that logs for several architectures can live together. This will
require a lot of updates to the helper scripts, too, before we can even
think how to use this feature in master and report. slave should be the
easiest one here ...

For the <version> I would also like to switch to <ver1>,<ver2>,<ver3>
for upgrade tests in the future to represent the exact path tested.
For <arch> we should also consider having "fake" architectures at some
point for testing multiarch environments, e.g. amd64i386 or amd64,i386

But even with this change implemented, master would consider only one
architecture for a section (as set in the config file) for now.