[Piuparts-devel] multi-arch piuparts

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Feb 13 18:24:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I have been thinking a bit about running piuparts for multiple
> architectures, but written no code at all ...

:-)

> The first thing we would have to change is the logfile name, this should
> become

right!

> so that logs for several architectures can live together. This will
> require a lot of updates to the helper scripts, too, before we can even
> think how to use this feature in master and report. slave should be the
> easiest one here ...

*nods*

> For the <version> I would also like to switch to <ver1>,<ver2>,<ver3>
> for upgrade tests in the future to represent the exact path tested.

hm, I'm not so fond of the commata here, maybe just use underscores too?

(And will we really have 3 versions in one run?

> For <arch> we should also consider having "fake" architectures at some
> point for testing multiarch environments, e.g. amd64i386 or amd64,i386

I think I'd prefer + here, so amd64+i386

But this also made me think we're overloading the logfile name with TMI :-)

That said, so far it looks like it's (almost?) still reasonable, it just feels
a bit heavy.