[Piuparts-devel] multi-arch piuparts

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Thu Feb 13 18:49:34 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-13 19:24, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> For the <version> I would also like to switch to <ver1>,<ver2>,<ver3>
>> for upgrade tests in the future to represent the exact path tested.
>
> hm, I'm not so fond of the commata here, maybe just use underscores too?

needs to be any char not allowed in version numbers, but using only one
char is bad for serializing nested lists
  [pkg, [ver1, ...], arch]
and will fail if we ever need to add another variable length list ...

> (And will we really have 3 versions in one run?

The lenght of the list is variable, depends one the length of the
upgrade path, so this may be really long.

lenny->squeeze->squeeze-backports->wheezy->wheezy-backports->jessie->sid->experimental
No, I haven't even tried to run this, but I do run
lenny->squeeze->wheezy->testing :-) That's 4 versions.