[Piuparts-devel] using piuparts input for britney

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Jan 18 16:08:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

if piuparts results are to be used for britney's testing migration
decisions in the future, which tests and which architectures should be
considered?

sid
sid --warn-on-leftovers-after-purge
testing2sid --warn-on-leftovers-after-purge
stable2testing --warn-on-leftovers-after-purge
stable2sid --warn-on-leftovers-after-purge

The two architectures easily testable right now are i386 and amd64
Having a big-endian one at some point in the future would be nice, too.

Running i386 on amd64 may require using setarch for more reliable
results, I had tested this long ago, patch should still be around.

To increase the test matrix we could also consider --install-recommends
And we may have to do more amd64 + foreign-arch i386 in the future.
There is now lib32nss-mdns:amd64 which Depends: libnss-mdns-i386 (which
is i386 only)