[Piuparts-devel] piuparts test failed for apt-listbugs: please help!

Francesco Poli invernomuto at paranoici.org
Sat May 24 14:12:15 UTC 2014

On Sat, 24 May 2014 13:32:29 +0200 Holger Levsen wrote:

> Hi Francesco,

Hi Holger, how are you doing?
I hope everything is fine!

> On Freitag, 23. Mai 2014, Francesco Poli wrote:
[...]
> > I noticed that the test on the apt-listbugs package (which I maintain)
> > has recently failed:
> > https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/apt-listbugs_0.1.13.log
>
> yup, I've tried to disable it running automatically after installation, as
> this also caused your package to fail, eg in jessie, where there were RC bugs
> shown.
>
> So I've replaced /usr/bin/apt-listbugs with "#!/bin/sh\nexit 0" but (in
> retrospect) unsurprisingly this makes the debsums check fail.

Ah! That explains everything!

> So, whats the best way to disable apt-listbugs after installing it?

I think the best way is to set the environment variable
APT_LISTBUGS_FRONTEND to "none", as documented in the apt-listbugs man
page.
This will make apt-listbugs load its required libraries and then exit
with 0 status without doing anything else.

An alternative strategy is avoiding the automatic apt-listbugs
invocation by apt-get or aptitude: in order to do this you should
move /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10apt-listbugs out of the way or alter it (so
that one of its line is turned into a comment).
But I suspect that this second strategy would also cause the debsums
check to fail, right?

> > Could you please shed some light on this mystery?
> > Thanks a lot for your time!
>
> Sorry for the confusion and making your search in the dark... I ment to mail
> you and ask how to proceed...

That's OK, no problem at all: I hope my reply helps to fix this issue.
Please let me know.

Bye and thanks for your kind and prompt reply!

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!