[Piuparts-devel] piuparts for jessie

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Nov 21 16:11:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Freitag, 21. November 2014, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> what do we need to fix in piuparts for jessie?

its not broken, or? which bugs do you consider as blocker / must fixes?

or do you mean piuparts.d.o?

> In addition to develop in git:

I fear there is probably too much in the develop branch already to get a
freeze exception. my plan was actually to support jessie via jessie-backports
like we (I) do for wheezy atm.

> * if eatmydata does not get fixed in time, we could just turn it off by
> default (and add a --eamydata option, keeping --no-eatmydata unmodified)

what's the eatmydata bug? (I'm aware about the piuparts bug about the issue,
but that bug is exactly that, assigned to piuparts.)

> * distros.conf should come with testing=buster

/me shrugs, really. also the next really will be "stretch" :)

> (or can we get the
> codename for "testing" from some other source reliably?)

distro-info, like it's now done for ubuntu (in piuparts since 0.60, iirc),
should be used.

> * recheck systemd related things in jessie/wheezy2jessie after systemd
> 215-6 enters testing (dependency swapping according to tech ctte decision)

I think that's what gathered the idea to enable --scripts by default...