[Piuparts-devel] py3 patches removed and move to python3 branch

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri May 1 11:32:41 UTC 2015

Hi Bernhard,

I'm sorry but I had to remove your patches from the develop branch again and
move them to a python3 branch as they broke piuparts-master+slave mode and I'd
like to be able to keep running the develop branch on piuparts.d.o where
master+slave mode is mandatory.

piuparts.d.o already has a testing backlog due to the flood of uploads and
migrations to testing following the jessie release and I dont want this
backlog to grow further.

I do have a (private) piuparts.d.o test setup where I could try isolating the
cause, if I had time... maybe you have an idea?

The slave log wasnt to helpful here:

11:15:20 Running section jessie2stretch (precedence=3)
11:15:20 Connecting to pejacevic.debian.org
11:15:21 communication with master failed
11:15:21 Connection to master closed

Once we fixed the problem I'll be glad to merge the changes back into the
develop branch and deploy them on piuparts.d.o again!