[Piuparts-devel] [py3porters-devel] py3 patches removed and move to python3 branch

Bernhard Janetzki bernhard at janetzki.eu
Fri May 1 15:17:07 UTC 2015

Hi Holger,

> On 01 May 2015, at 13:32, Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org> wrote:
>
> I'm sorry but I had to remove your patches from the develop branch again and
> move them to a python3 branch as they broke piuparts-master+slave mode and I'd
> like to be able to keep running the develop branch on piuparts.d.o where
> master+slave mode is mandatory.
>
> piuparts.d.o already has a testing backlog due to the flood of uploads and
> migrations to testing following the jessie release and I dont want this
> backlog to grow further.
>
> I do have a (private) piuparts.d.o test setup where I could try isolating the
> cause, if I had time... maybe you have an idea?
>
> The slave log wasnt to helpful here:
>
> 11:15:20 Running section jessie2stretch (precedence=3)
> 11:15:20 Connecting to pejacevic.debian.org
> 11:15:21 communication with master failed
> 11:15:21 Connection to master closed

Sorry for the trouble. I set up a test master-slave setup and was able to find a bug [0] (silly typo):

9890668 fixed typo on the Package class constructor (UserDict initialization)

Hope this helps! There's a good side to everything: I now have knowledge about how the master/slave things work and can test against it for future patches. :-)

Best,
  Bernhard

[0] https://github.com/ierror/piuparts/commits/bernhard/py3_packagesdb_fix

--
kid: 99C3C059
fpr: 90E7 F356 3F9D 6595 616F  9068 DE13 283B 99C3 C059