[Piuparts-devel] piuparts is giving false errors on package coturn

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Aug 23 11:01:01 UTC 2016

Hi Oleg,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:41:10AM -0700, Oleg Moskalenko wrote:
> the problems that I am having are only with SID. When I run it with
> jessie, everything is fine.
>
> So, what is special about sid, how I can set those dependencies so
> that they work both for sid and jessie ?

https://tracker.debian.org/coturn gives you two hints:

----begin-quote----
This package will soon be part of the auto-openssl transition. You
might want to ensure that your package is ready for it. You can probably
find supplementary information in the debian-release archives or in the
corresponding release.debian.org bug.

This package will soon be part of the auto-libevent transition. You
might want to ensure that your package is ready for it. You can probably
find supplementary information in the debian-release archives or in the
corresponding release.debian.org bug.
----end-quote----

it also says "piuparts found (un)installation error(s) " and links to
https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/source/c/coturn.html which links to
https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/state-dependency-does-not-exist.html#coturn
which tells you

    coturn (0, 0) (Debian VoIP Team <pkg-voip-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org>)
        dependency libhiredis0.10 is does-not-exist
        dependency libssl1.0.0 is does-not-exist

which pretty much explains why.

Your package depends on packages which don't exist in sid anymore.