[Piuparts-devel] piupart fails for cacti because mysql-server leaves files behind; hinders migration (in a couple of days)

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Sun Dec 18 20:38:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

[Adding Christian who has the same problem with pdns-backend-mysql]

On 17-12-16 11:45, Paul Gevers wrote:
> As I believe that piuparts must be configured to install mysql-server
> for cacti to do sane piuparts checking, I am wondering if this is a
> piuparts specific issue, or if this is a mysql-server issue. Any insight
> is appreciated. If time allows, I'll try to search through piuparts
> source to figure this out, but due to the stretch release cycle, I
> rather solve this issue with help sooner than later.

It seems that something changes between the previous version on
piuparts.d.o and the current one, because if I look at the log of the
cacti package in stretch¹ I see the same files, except there they are
marked as "INFO: Warning: Package purging left files on system:".

The delta in piuparts version is:
piuparts version 0.73~201608191629~0.72-3-gcdc9453 starting up
piuparts version 0.73~201612012021~0.72-7-gd24e208 starting up.

Looking through the git history, there isn't much between git commit
cdc9453 and d24e208 and non of the commits seem to cause this change.
But on the other hand, nothing in the cacti package with respect to file
handling changed between -5 and -8 (as seems to be reflected by the
piuparts output).

Diffing the logs, I see that the call to piuparts itself changes (I
don't understand where that comes from).

There seems to be all kind of dbconfig-common logic in-place in
custom-scripts/scripts-leftovers/*, but cacti and pdns-backend-mysql are
not mentioned there. Shouldn't they be? Or is just the correct version
of mysql-server missing?

Maybe something along the lines of the attached patches.

Paul

¹ https://piuparts.debian.org/stretch/pass/cacti_0.8.8h+ds1-5.log