[Piuparts-devel] Missing depends on lsb-base, need your help

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Oct 8 10:51:34 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-08 12:37, Santiago Vila wrote:
> However, I discovered these missing dependencies by building packages,
> an environment in which I don't really want to run services.
>
> If they are run after all, and I didn't exclude any essential package
> from my chroot, then there must be a bug somewhere in addition to the
> missing dependency on lsb-base (this "somewhere" includes debian-policy,
> or some specification to build packages which is still not written
> anywhere).
>
> What am I missing?

I don't know how your build setup looks like, but it does start
services. I use pbuilder, and it has created policy-rc.d in my chroots.

from #839807:

Removing unicorn (5.0.1-2) ...
invoke-rc.d: could not determine current runlevel
/etc/init.d/unicorn: 19: .: Can't open /lib/lsb/init-functions
invoke-rc.d: initscript unicorn, action "stop" failed.

from piuparts:

  Removing unicorn (5.0.1-2) ...
  invoke-rc.d: could not determine current runlevel
  invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of stop.

In any case, these missing-dependency bugs need to be hunted down!