[Piuparts-devel] Missing depends on lsb-base, need your help
holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Oct 17 11:04:45 UTC 2016
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:48:19AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> also see #558819, "New option: check that daemon stop scripts don't fail
> even if the daemon doesn't run", nobody ever bothered to work on this.
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=558819#30 is a
> particulary good idea but then I don't plan to spend my time on sysv support…
that bug was found via piuparts.git/TODO, btw, which ends with:
(Closed) wishlist bugs are listed here so it's easier to find information
about them should one wants to implement support for those. Usually wishlist
bugs are closed not because the feature is unwanted, but because noone is
working on them… see http://blog.liw.fi/posts/wishlist-bugs for a longer
- #664727 - support cowbuilder in addition to pbuilder
- #588042 - add an option to override the log file instead of append to it
- #354842 - new option: remove /usr/local
- #558819 - new option: check that daemon stop scripts don't fail even if the daemon doesn't run
- #660896 - new option: use etckeeper and show how modified files have changed
- #403648 - new test: Try unpack, then remove?
- #561444 - new test: install, remove configuration files, re-install, check that configuration files don't re-appear
- #561445 - new test: install, mangle configuration file, re-install, check that manglement is still there
- #665016 - new test: more checks on alternatives
- #810323 - new test: deconfiguring and configuring a package again
- #658731 - add pattern for owned files that are always an error
- #682741 - add a second set of ignoreed files and patterns for "partial purge" tests
- #685813 - add a single report of all failures (from all sections) ordered by age
As said, piuparts finds too many problems today already and there are
surely lots of more it could find.
Help is certainly welcome, however, I'm keeping my sane view on
http://bugs.debian.org/src:piuparts by closing wishlist bugs noone is
working on (and putting them in that TODO file in git).
Those 10 wishlist bugs on http://bugs.debian.org/src:piuparts are
certainly all wishlist bugs but I do consider them worthwhile fixing.
Upon the closed wishlist bugs I'm not so sure… (but I will probably take
good patches, eg including documentation etc)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 811 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Piuparts-devel