[Piuparts-devel] Missing depends on lsb-base, need your help

Santiago Vila sanvila at unex.es
Fri Oct 21 18:28:38 UTC 2016

Hello everybody.

I've just realized there is a (recent) lintian check for lsb-base:

https://lintian.debian.org/tags/init.d-script-needs-depends-on-lsb-base.html

so I assume progressively and over time people will add the dependencies
on lsb-base when they check if their packages are lintian-clean.

Therefore it's not a big issue if this is not checked by piuparts.

BTW: I completely understand the feeling of collecting more failing
checks than the ones that may be reported. I started checking for
debian/rules bugs regarding "dpkg-buildpackage -A" and ended up
reporting every package generating arch:all binaries which FTBFS in
testing...

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Holger Levsen wrote:

> (Closed) wishlist bugs are listed here so it's easier to find information
> about them should one wants to implement support for those. Usually wishlist
> bugs are closed not because the feature is unwanted, but because noone is
> working on them… see http://blog.liw.fi/posts/wishlist-bugs for a longer
> rationale.

Seems ok to me.

I almost say "ok, feel free to close this one and add it to the list
as well", but this thread I opened here was not even a bug report, so
there is really nothing to do which is not already done :-)

Thanks a lot!