[Piuparts-devel] second batch for 0.79

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Aug 3 03:58:25 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 03:50:42AM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> b9fecad9c slave_run: ensure screen is run with SHELL=/bin/bash
> 8d0aa6599 exception for /usr/lib/sasl2/ disappearing on some jessie->stretch upgrades
> 58625dd9f reschedule_oldest_logs: expiration age can be relative
> 01b3d6910 p.conf: use relative expiration ages

all merged and deployed, thanks!

> There is also preview/rotate-master-logs, where I'd like to get some comments
> It does rotation (if > 1 MB), compression (delayed), but no expiration, yet.
> If we run it as a cron job - how often should this be done?

daily? I also think that master logs older than 14 days can be thrown away,
basically I never look at them. and please make that configurable and please
also add a brief comment explaining the one big if and if and if statement
(the one with stat). that might make future contributors life much easier,
including yourself and will cost you <10 secs now.

> 7dd9250d7 new script to rotate and compress master logs

and overall: so simple, yet so good, thanks!