[Piuparts-devel] timeout testing debian-design

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Jan 11 11:17:35 UTC 2017

Quoting Holger Levsen (2017-01-11 11:10:13)
> > Failed again, seemingly same way - ends with "Process KILLED - exceed
> > maximum run time".
>
> can you please try to reproduce this manually?
> - first, just using debootstrap and a new chroot and apt

I tried install design-desktop in a cowbuilder chroot.  Succeeded after
23 minutes.

> - second, using piuparts

Uhm, is that really necessary?

  * These packages are mostly¹ metapackages (no packaging scripts)
  * Your error message seems to indicate that cause was timeout
  * your log messages indicate that 1 install takes 2.5 minutes
  * you log messages indicate that piupart wants to install again
  * your log messages seems to indicate that piuparts dies after 3
    minutes

Can you confirm that your piuparts service involves installing each
binary package twice?

Can you confirm that your piuparts service gives up after 3 minutes?

I am not familiar with piuparts at all, so m hesitant to running that
myself.

 - Jonas

¹ Binary package design-data contains preseed files and shell scripts
not executed during install. Binary package design-desktop contains a
single shell script not executed during install, so arguably cannot be
classified as metapackage. Remaining binary packages are metapackages.