[Piuparts-devel] timeout testing debian-design

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Jan 11 11:32:22 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 12:17:35PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I tried install design-desktop in a cowbuilder chroot.  Succeeded after
> 23 minutes.

nice

> > - second, using piuparts
> Uhm, is that really necessary?

yes

> Can you confirm that your piuparts service involves installing each
> binary package twice?

no

> Can you confirm that your piuparts service gives up after 3 minutes?

no

> I am not familiar with piuparts at all, so m hesitant to running that
> myself.

I'm not able to debug all piuparts reported problems in a timely manner.
If you are interested in getting this fixed soon, I'm afraid you need to
get more involved. (also you might want to file a bug to aid tracking
this issue.)

Over 50k packages don't show this behaviour so I'm rather inclined to
conclude the problem is not in piuparts…