[Piuparts-devel] piuparts 0.74 schedule (was: Re: please re-test gsequencer)

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Jan 11 20:17:49 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 09:07:49PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I'd suggest to do the next release end of next week, that should be
> plenty of time to migrate on its own.
> I'd like to see how jessie2stretch upgrades work after the next point
> release ... there might be one db related fix be helpful for piuparts.

ok. the point release is a valid argument to me.

> And I have some time to dig up some more features :-)
> And I need to take a look at the failures on piuparts.d.o again, not
> only in my instance ...

:)

> Depending on how long the freeze takes and how much development we do,
> we could have another release before stretch that targets stretch (will
> need unblocking). That should contain primarily adjustments targeting
> stretch.

/me nods

though two things: for piuparts I dont really care that much about
getting into stable… (I care more about the version running on p.d.o and
about the version in sid) and then I suppose we can still get sensible
fixes in anyway, so yay.

it's more like that I would like to see more testing of the fix for
#825487… (apt-get install ./foo) - and I suppose that will only happen
with an upload.

> We should also try to get piuparts updated in the first stretch point
> release to adjust the configs for reality.

yeah.