[Piuparts-devel] for-0.76.1

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Jun 3 18:16:30 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-03 19:35, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>> not for stretch
>> regression introduced in 0.76
>
> how should I know? ;)

Run it manually to test something and wonder why it does not react to
Ctrl-C :-)

>>> this one might be useful, but… we're really really late in the freeze…
>> not taking that would mean testing packages in a (now) unrealistic setup
>
> as long as #752256 ain't fixed I'm really not convinced anyone besides us
> is using the scripts… (which OTOH is an argument to include it anyway ;)

people could try the command lines from the logs ...

anyway, it reverts the mysql part in that script more or less to the
state of 0.74 by removing that ugly hack. I was really surprised to see
mysql-transitional in stretch (I had already suggested a transitional
mysql-server package around the time I worked on finishing the mariadb
transition and getting mysql-5.6 out of stretch. But then again, I also
suggested metapackages for easy mysql/mariadb switching several years
before default-mysql-* finally got implemented (by me).)

this should be in 0.77 (or rather the workaround should not be in it)

> and as said before: I haven't even tested this patch on piu.d.o yet…

you have now, and if it didn't explode immediately ...

btw the rescheduling command I used in appropriate jessie/stable2*
directories was:

ln -fv $(grep -rl 'Setting up mysql-server-5.5 ' --include '*.log' pass
fail bugged affected ) recycle/

> and we can always do 0.77.1 for the first stretch point release.

the 0.78~bpo9+1 backport will be better.