[Piuparts-devel] piuparts 0.76

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Fri Mar 3 01:09:53 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-02 20:19, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 05:17:12PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> Andreas Beckmann (2):
>>       try dpkg --configure --pending after failed db upgrade
>>       more packages requiring --allow-remove-essential
>
> thanks but nack, please include debian/changelog entries.

Andreas Beckmann (6):
      try dpkg --configure --pending after failed db upgrade
      more packages requiring --allow-remove-essential
      p.conf.anbe: [wheezy2jessie-iri]
      p.conf.anbe: [jessie2stretch-iri]
      p-s: replace literal ESC (0x1b) chars with string '[ESC]'
      exclude gcc-4.8-base from jessie chroot

That's not the end, yet :-)

> (and we should maybe switch to using git-dch instead? Starting for the next
> release maybe?)

I don't think git-dch will help us much here. I prefer the logically
grouped (and sometimes quite long) "upstream" changelog we had so far
over a chronologically sorted one (which would be OK for a few
packaging-only changes). For a timeline there is always git log ...