[Piuparts-devel] piuparts 0.76

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Mar 5 14:55:31 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 02:09:53AM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> Andreas Beckmann (6):
>       try dpkg --configure --pending after failed db upgrade
>       more packages requiring --allow-remove-essential
>       p.conf.anbe: [wheezy2jessie-iri]
>       p.conf.anbe: [jessie2stretch-iri]
>       p-s: replace literal ESC (0x1b) chars with string '[ESC]'
>       exclude gcc-4.8-base from jessie chroot

cool, thanks, merged and soon deploying… (after this mail)

> That's not the end, yet :-)

indeed, I've also taken

	965ea75 add bug template for failing to upgrade from testing to sid
	cb20dac add bug template for shipping broken symlinks
	46cc850 p.conf: enable scripts-log-alternatives for [sid] and [stretch]

are we ready for upload now?

> > (and we should maybe switch to using git-dch instead? Starting for the next
> > release maybe?)
>
> I don't think git-dch will help us much here. I prefer the logically
> grouped (and sometimes quite long) "upstream" changelog we had so far

actually, me too!

> over a chronologically sorted one (which would be OK for a few
> packaging-only changes). For a timeline there is always git log ...

agreed.

it's more simple, but yes, less useful too…