[Piuparts-devel] preview/use-chroot-meta-data

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sun Mar 5 23:21:29 UTC 2017

Andreas Beckmann (6):
      p: fall back to on-the-fly generation if --end-meta file is missing
      p: pass the full chroot state to restore_selections
      p: factor out Chroot.get_state_meta_data()
      p: rename Chroot.save_meta_data() to Chroot.get_tree_meta_data()
      p: keep history of 'apt-cache dumpavail | md5sum'
      p-s: use the --save-end-meta and --end-meta options

this should save some time on upgrade tests
the metadata file automatically gets updated (in the next test) if
discrepancies are noticed
so far I didn't run into a failure due to outdated metadata

there is one metadata file kept per slave instance and config section

the first 4 packages could be used as refactoring without new features

the first patch is for copy+paste to rerun a piuparts command from a
logfile (which usually uses -E) *without* an existing metadata file
(from the *correct* upgrade path) in $(pwd)

Andreas

PS: now that we have some testing power, what do you think about adding
[oldstable2stable2testing] ?