[Piuparts-devel] piuparts 0.76

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Mar 7 11:44:31 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 01:24:42AM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > rewordings pushed. Please review…
> Ack, but I think I came up with something even better :-)

:) Thanks, though I don't see that much change in the wording…

> > I'll guess I'll add a manpage for slave_stop, wait another day or two, and
> > - if all is fine on piuparts.d.o - call it 0.76 :)
> found some more bits:

nice, thanks!

> Andreas Beckmann (11):
>       detect more errors caused by full disks
>       network issue: WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>       p.conf: [wheezy222testing]
>       p, p-s: make logged command lines shell-safe with pipes.quote()

all picked

>       p, p-s: refactor quote_spaces() into command2string()

I'm really not convinced we should refactor stuff in piuparts.py at this stage,
so NACK.

>       p.conf.anbe: tune [sid-bl] ignores and fake essential packages
>       changelog updates

both picked

>       p: pass the full chroot state to restore_selections

I'd maybe take this with better explaination why, until then, NACK.

>       p: factor out Chroot.get_state_meta_data()
>       p: rename Chroot.save_meta_data() to Chroot.get_tree_meta_data()
>       p: get rid of ancient variable name root_info
>	whitespace cleanup

these are all refactoring, so NACK for now, will happily take them for 0.77.

I'm happy now with slave_stop and it's manpage and besides confirming that
a4b3ae60 - and the other new commits from today - introduce no ill issues, I
have nothing left blocking me from releasing 0.76. So probably tomorrow…

> wheezy222testing is my suggested name for
> wheezy -> jessie -> stretch

I like the name a lot!

> (and later on ... -> buster -> buster+1)

However, I'm not sure we should still test wheezy222testing once stretch is
stable…

> quote_spaces wasn't nearly sufficient for command lines containing nice regexes

:) quoting and regexes are never easy…

> and then we have finally some refactoring preparing for enabling -S/-E

enabling what?