[Piuparts-devel] Accepted autopkgtest 5.0 (source all) into unstable

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Sep 18 10:22:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 08:58:34AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > #815084 piuparts: add piuparts.1 and README documentation for --adt-virt
> Sorry, I wasn't aware of that piuparts interface.

no problem, it seems nobody was aware of it anyway.

> Note that the actual backends
> still exist, they just got renamed to autopkgtest-virt-{schroot,lxc,qemu,...}
> in 4.0, and the package has carried backwards compatible adt-* name symlinks
> for a long time. I only dropped these. (Same story for "adt-run" vs.
> "autopkgtest" - but here the CLI did change quite a bit).

given the last bit here and what Andreas said, I've now dropped the relevant
bits from piuparts.py. If anyone wants this code back, sure, please send
patche - which include documentation how to use it!

I'm also closing 815084 with this mail.

Thanks!