[Piuparts-devel] Accepted autopkgtest 5.0 (source all) into unstable

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Mon Sep 18 06:58:34 UTC 2017

Hello Holger,

Holger Levsen [2017-09-17 16:34 +0000]:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 03:34:09PM +0000, Martin Pitt wrote:
> >  autopkgtest (5.0) unstable; urgency=medium
> >  .
> >    [ Martin Pitt ]
> >    * Drop obsolete adt-* CLI
> >      autopkgtest 4.0 with its "autopkgtest" program has been around for a
> >      year, Debian's and Ubuntu's CI moved to that, and the Debian 9.0 release
> >      is behind us. Drop "adt-run" and the corresponding adt-virt-* and
> >      adt-build-* command line interfaces now.
> >      Add Breaks: for debci for versions that still relied on adt-*.
>
> I guess that means we need to drop this code from piuparts: (?)
>
> git/piuparts$ rgrep adt *
> [...]
> piuparts.py:    parser.add_option("--adt-virt",
> piuparts.py:                      help="Use CMDLINE via autopkgtest (adt-virt-*)"
> [...]
> which aint a big loss as nobody seems to know how to use it anyway, see
> #815084 piuparts: add piuparts.1 and README documentation for --adt-virt

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that piuparts interface. Note that the actual backends
still exist, they just got renamed to autopkgtest-virt-{schroot,lxc,qemu,...}
in 4.0, and the package has carried backwards compatible adt-* name symlinks
for a long time. I only dropped these. (Same story for "adt-run" vs.
"autopkgtest" - but here the CLI did change quite a bit).

Martin