[Piuparts-devel] next batch of patches

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Mon Oct 15 13:21:27 BST 2018

On 2018-10-15 14:10, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:18:54AM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> b40612361 p: compute file_owners earlier
>
> out of curiosity: why?

For this vvv

>> 437dabd6b p: report package that owns a broken symlink (where possible)

>> 7263a5194 p.conf: move --skip-logrotatefiles-test to the end-* flags
>
> also slightlty wondering why

logrotate tests run in the target distro, and it's sufficient to have a
fixed logrotate there, enables logrotate tests on stretch->buster tests

>> cc83d6ac1 do not reinvent nproc
>
> oh, wow, thanks teaching me this one! :)

I had stumbled upon this somewhere ... and then I saw my implementation
of it ...

> just one comment on "lenny: wait for apt-xapian-index running in the
> background": using sleep here is an antipattern, as its rather random
> how long it will take. I guess you know that... :)

5s should be more than sufficient, 30s is just safety net for a stupid
package in lenny. RC bug don't help in that case.

> deploying now... and: are we ready for an upload now?

let me try to dig out some more first ...