[Piuparts-devel] Piupart issue in a test run for dragonplayer that I can’t parse

Fabian Wolff fabi.wolff at arcor.de
Sun Dec 29 17:00:33 GMT 2019

On Sun Dec 29 04:31:23 GMT 2019, James Clarke wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 11:09:33PM +0100, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:
> > Dear Piuparts,
> >
> > I got a test failure for dragonplayer that I can’t understand :
> > https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/dragonplayer_4:19.12.0-1.log
> >
> > What I read is that the list of paths after the log message
> >     1m56.2s INFO: Warning: Package purging left files on system:
> > is the list of paths that were left unexpectedly after package purge, and the
> > list of paths after the log message
> >     1m56.3s ERROR: FAIL: After purging files have disappeared:
> > is the list of paths deleted on package purge that shouldn’t have.
> >
> > But both lists basically amount to the whole filesystem, which is obviously
> > incorrect and inconsistent.
> > Besides the package doesn’t have (non-dh-generated) maintainer scripts so it
> > should be pretty safe on the installation / uninstallation side.
> >
> > So help welcome.
>
> This is a systematic error; piuparts.debian.org recently switched to
> python3 and deployed a bunch of preparatory changes, which included this
> regression. I have submitted [1] to fix it, which should hopefully be
> merged soon and all the failing packages can then be retried.
>
> James
>
> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/piuparts/merge_requests/22

I've encountered the same issue for one of my uploads (for the boogie package).

Maybe you can add a note in the Piuparts News [1] to let people know that this is
a known Piuparts issue, and that you are working on it? After all, this is a
testing migration blocker, and it took me some time to figure out where this
problem came from and that I actually wasn't the one who caused it.

Thanks!

Fabian

[1] https://piuparts.debian.org/news.html