[Piuparts-devel] Piupart issue in a test run for dragonplayer that I can’t parse

James Clarke jrtc27 at debian.org
Sun Dec 29 04:31:23 GMT 2019

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 11:09:33PM +0100, Aurélien COUDERC wrote:
> Dear Piuparts,
>
> I got a test failure for dragonplayer that I can’t understand :
> https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/dragonplayer_4:19.12.0-1.log
>
> What I read is that the list of paths after the log message
>     1m56.2s INFO: Warning: Package purging left files on system:
> is the list of paths that were left unexpectedly after package purge, and the
> list of paths after the log message
>     1m56.3s ERROR: FAIL: After purging files have disappeared:
> is the list of paths deleted on package purge that shouldn’t have.
>
> But both lists basically amount to the whole filesystem, which is obviously
> incorrect and inconsistent.
> Besides the package doesn’t have (non-dh-generated) maintainer scripts so it
> should be pretty safe on the installation / uninstallation side.
>
> So help welcome.

This is a systematic error; piuparts.debian.org recently switched to
python3 and deployed a bunch of preparatory changes, which included this
regression. I have submitted [1] to fix it, which should hopefully be
merged soon and all the failing packages can then be retried.

James

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/piuparts/merge_requests/22