[Piuparts-devel] Piuparts cruft patch

David Steele steele at debian.org
Thu Mar 14 12:10:50 GMT 2019

Hi Ivo,

I'm writing because there is an issue with the summary.json reports
coming from Piuparts. I wrote that section of the service, before
stepping away from the project.

Last October, you authored a patch for piuparts that avoids reporting
failures in summary.json for package tests covering obsolete versions.

It looks like there is a bug in the patch - upgrade sections incorrectly
show a majority of packages in the "waiting" state. You can see this now
on the piuparts column on your DDPO page.

My question is, why did you submit that patch? Was there a real-world
problem with the temporary failure notification, or just an inconvenience?

I ask because there appears to be little chance that this will be fixed
any time soon. Pejacevik is lacking of attention lately, and I don't see
a likely path for fixing the bug. Is there a compelling reason not to
revert the commit?