[Piuparts-devel] more bits for buster

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Wed May 1 14:25:46 BST 2019

On 2019-05-01 12:49, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 01:10:44PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>>> while I quite a lot dislike to rename suites in piuparts, because that
>>> adds confusion on top of the existing confusion. IMO we should rather
>>> try to get the suites renamed 'upstream'
>> this is not a visible change on piuparts.d.o
>
> where is it visible then? or does it just affect your piuparts
> instance???
>
>> there is no upstream equivalent of buster-next
>
> ? I dont understand, there is buster-proposed?!

looks like we are both thinking of different things here ...

I'd also like to rename the sections {stretch,buster}-proposed to *-next
in the piuparts.conf for piuparts.d.o at some point if you agree.
The distros.conf change is just preparing this with low visibility.

I think the confusion stems from having
foo-pu (piuparts.conf, partial distro), foo-proposed-updates
(distros.conf, partial distro) and foo-proposed (both, full distro).
To avoid the ambiguities I want to rename foo-proposed to foo-next go
get a name for the merged full distro (foo + foo-proposed-updates) that
is not the prefix of anything else.

>>> also you can either grep for "buster-proposed/" or "buster-proposed\ "
>>> instead of "buster-proposed", or?
>> Nope. Probably "buster-proposed(?!-)", which might be in the pcre domain.
>> I want to make my life easier, not harder.
>
> ok, understood.
>
>> and here are two more:

and some more:

5e4c58b82 known-problems: add separate module_build_error_error.conf
e8fb18944 p-r: omit states with 0 packages
470860c69 skip arch:all console-setup-freebsd on Linux
43bec0659 lib/db: add (hardcoded) list of ignored missing dependencies
ec7e7e9cd p.conf: use --warn-on-debsums-errors for tests ending in buster

reschedule_piuparts_tests --bugged module_build_error_issue
reschedule_piuparts_tests --current --bugged debsums_mismatch_error

> I'm pondering to upload this as piuparts 1.0, what do you think? Or
> maybe rather 0.99? ;)

I think we wanted to bump to 1.0 for a completed python3 migration.
So we will probably have to go to 0.105 or something until we get there.