[Piuparts-devel] drop piuparts-(master|slave)-from-git packages?

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Mon Sep 2 18:02:05 BST 2019

On 02/09/2019 18.40, Holger Levsen wrote:
> hi Andreas,
>
> i've just been preparing an RT ticket for DSA to install the needed
> packages for piuparts >= 1.1.0 which will be using python3.
>
> For this, i found the piuparts-(master|slave)-from-git packages not
> helpful at all, their depends are outdated and hard to update, so I'm
> pondering to drop those packages again. Because, when they would be most
> useful, they are useless.. What do you think about dropping them again?

They should work fine if used from git. The problem is if you want to
use them from backports - you need to add new dependencies one release
ahead.
And if updating them is too complicated to keep everything in sync, we
just need to use some substvars and define the common dependencies in
debian/rules.
So NACK for dropping them.