[Piuparts-devel] Piuparts regression blocks migration to "testing"

Nicolas Dandrimont olasd at debian.org
Fri Jan 17 15:37:29 GMT 2020

* Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob at debian.org> [2020-01-08 00:42:26 +1100]:

> Dear QA team,
>
> Lately several packages stuck in "unstable" (not migrating to "testing) due
> to Piuparts false positives.
>
> Here are just some affected packages that I've noticed and I'm sure there are
> more:
>
>   golang-github-containers-storage
>   golang-github-elazarl-goproxy
>   golang-github-hashicorp-go-uuid
>   golang-github-smartystreets-assertions
>   golang-github-xenolf-lego
>   golang-golang-x-text
>
> What could be the problem and (more importantly) what to do about it?
>
> Please advise.

Hi!

[I've just started looking after piuparts.d.o a few days ago, and it's taking
me a while to get up to speed; sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time!]

In general, piuparts failures are retried automatically; empirically,
currently, the delay before retries in sid is around two weeks.

In the specific case of these false-positives, the packages have been
fast-tracked and should have been retested by now.

Feel free to follow-up if that's not the case.

Cheers,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont