[Piuparts-devel] Piuparts regression blocks migration to "testing"

Dmitry Smirnov onlyjob at debian.org
Fri Jan 17 22:08:22 GMT 2020

On Saturday, 18 January 2020 2:37:29 AM AEDT Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> [I've just started looking after piuparts.d.o a few days ago, and it's
> taking me a while to get up to speed; sorry for the inconvenience in the
> mean time!]

No worries, thanks. :)

> In general, piuparts failures are retried automatically; empirically,
> currently, the delay before retries in sid is around two weeks.

Thanks for this crucial information. It might be great to mention that
in the wiki:

 https://wiki.debian.org/piuparts/FAQ#Q._Can_I_somehow_tell_piuparts_to_retest_my_package.3F

Currently wiki says "eventually".

> In the specific case of these false-positives, the packages have been
> fast-tracked and should have been retested by now.

It took a while but all the affected packages were successfully re-tested.

Thank you.

--
All the best,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only
be grasped one link at a time.
        -- Winston Churchill