[Piuparts-devel] non-essential adduser poses problems to purging packages

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at debian.org
Thu May 18 16:11:07 BST 2023

Helmut Grohne wrote:
> Very likely, we need a change to piuparts here to eliminiate the
> removal test, because we're in the unusual situation where we don't
> want to install adduser unconditionally, but once installed it shall
> be difficult to remove, because doing so may break the postrm purge
> script of some package that once pulled adduser.

I encountered this kind of piuparts failure for a late package upload to
unstable:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ibus-pinyin

It was unblocked by a release team member, but migration to bookworm is
prevented by that piuparts regression.

Will the required piuparts changes happen very soon, or is there
otherwise a way to ignore piuparts for this upload so it will migrate?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson