[Piuparts-devel] non-essential adduser poses problems to purging packages

Jamie Strandboge jamie at strandboge.com
Fri May 19 13:15:01 BST 2023

Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> I encountered this kind of piuparts failure for a late package upload to
> unstable:
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ibus-pinyin
>
> It was unblocked by a release team member, but migration to bookworm is
> prevented by that piuparts regression.

> Will the required piuparts changes happen very soon, or is there
> otherwise a way to ignore piuparts for this upload so it will migrate?

I too ran into this:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ufw

If I'm reading
https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/state-failed-testing.html#adduser
correctly, as of right now, adduser is blocking 145 packages, many of which
may have been uploaded to improve bookworm. While I've asked for ufw to be
unblocked a little while ago, this issue seems to be causing trouble for
uploaders and extra work for the release team.

Thanks