Bug#1148974: O: open-adventure -- colossal cave adventure, the 1995 430-point version

Dr. Tobias Quathamer toddy at debian.org
Fri Sep 25 21:22:28 BST 2026


Package: wnpp
Severity: normal
X-Debbugs-Cc: open-adventure at packages.debian.org
Control: affects -1 + src:open-adventure

I intend to orphan the open-adventure package. After reading a list
called "Weird little guys of FOSS"[1], I found the author of
open-adventure on that list. I don't want to maintain this software anymore.

[1] https://drewdevault.com/weird-guys/

The package description is:
 This is the last descendent of the original 1976 Colossal Cave
 Adventure worked on by the original authors -- Crowther & Woods.
 It has sometimes been known as Adventure 2.5. The original PDP-10
 name 'advent' is used for the built program to avoid collision with
 the BSD Games version.

Regards,
Tobias

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: OpenPGP_signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 840 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/attachments/20260925/243b03f1/attachment.sig>


More information about the Pkg-games-devel mailing list