[Pkg-libburnia-devel] Bug#617409: brasero: Brasero corrupts all blank CD-R when burning (was: additional info)
scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu Jul 26 16:51:34 UTC 2012
Ayan George <ayan.george at canonical.com> wrote:
> I tried this
> proposed patch and got the same results (failed burn/unreadable disc).
The subject of your mail refers to Debian Bug#617409 but i assume that
you might also refer to
So i need to ask:
- What patch exactly did you apply ?
We had two of them, if i remember right.
- One was about the suspicion that Brasero prematurely cuts the
connection between libisofs and growisofs.
The patch would affect the DVD+R DL runs which end at about 50 %.
- The other was about an experiment to force write type SAO with
The experiment looked more promising when i proposed it. It cannot
explain the report that writing an image file from hard disk does work.
- What problem do you hope to get solved ?
Regrettably we have a knot of at least two problems, if not more.
So: What media type ? What undesirable effects ?
- Did you test whether xorriso and/or cdrskin achieve better results
than Brasero ?
They use the same libburn as Brasero. If they succeed where Brasero
fails, then we have a good chance to find the difference.
If they all fail, then we first need to get my programs to work
properly, before i can propose a change to Brasero.
- This xorriso run burns without intermediate hard disk storage:
xorriso -md5 on \
-outdev /dev/sr0 \
-blank as_needed \
-map /usr/bin /usr/bin
- This cdrskin run burns an image file from hard disk to medium in
write type TAO:
cdrskin -v -tao dev=/dev/sr0 blank=as_needed image.iso
Use option -sao instead of -tao to test the other write type.
Have a nice day :)
More information about the Pkg-libburnia-devel