[Pkg-lxqt-devel] Repository handling
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬)
czchen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:01:03 UTC 2015
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 01:37:32AM +0200, Alf Gaida wrote:
> Hi list,
> according the current discussion in debian i've asked my self in which
> way we could/should integrate github into our repository handling.
> My idea is to have the alioth repos as mirror of the github repos and
> use the full benefits that github can bring us like bugtracker, pull
> requests and so on. That would mean: the alioth archives are read only,
> but are the main repos, we are building from. Any other tasks we should
> handle in github - Toughts?
I prefer the following configuration:
* Alioth as primary git repository (in package Vcs-* fields), and let
github mirror Alioth.
* Use reportbug (https://www.debian.org/Bugs/) to track issue.
* Accept others to use github pull request, git-request-pull, patch,
debdiff to send patch.
The reasons are:
* Alioth is the official Debian service complied with DFSG, so it is
more suitable than proprietary github as the primary git service.
* The debian/changelog can link to issue number in reportbug via
"Closes: ??????", and other Debian services like
https://tracker.debian.org/ also read issue from it. So I think it
has better integration than github issue.
I am okay if anyone use github issue to report problem because it
has better UI. But I will ask them to create a record via reportbug.
* As for other contributors, I personally accept github pull request,
git-request-pull, patch, debdiff, or whatever method that make sense
> Greetz Alf
> Pkg-lxqt-devel mailing list
> Pkg-lxqt-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) <czchen at gmail.com>
Key fingerprint = EC9F 905D 866D BE46 A896 C827 BE0C 9242 03F4 552D
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Pkg-lxqt-devel