[Pkg-nagios-devel] Bug#484575: nagios-nrpe-plugin is missing IPv6-Support
berni at birkenwald.de
Sun Dec 27 03:18:02 UTC 2009
the client side (nagios-nrpe-plugin) is pretty straightforward. I've
attached my patch I'm using locally. I'm not an experienced C programmer
and it is far from perfect, but it works for me.
* Might contain security bugs, memory leaks, you name it
* can one assume that getaddrinfo() is available on all (Debian)
platforms nowadays? I have never done any automake stuff, and the code
would probably become a bit messy doing that.
* one should probably code -4/-6 flags
* haven't done any testing on IPv4-only hosts (without loaded IPv6)
The server side is probably a lot trickier, especially in daemon mode.
* one has to open/listen to two sockets, one for IPv6 and one for IPv4
nowadays. I'm not sure whether this is even possible without an
* server_address might not be too easy
* allowed_hosts is probably really hard
I am ignoring all those challenges and running nrpe from xinetd, which
works fine. I doubt this will be good enough for Debian mainline though.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2771 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pkg-nagios-devel