[pkg-nvidia-devel] Bug#476504: Bug#476504: No way to compile NVIDIA with 2.6.25-2-686 kernel
ruslan at tarasovs.com
Sun May 25 08:25:35 UTC 2008
I had the same problem you have with 686 image. Actually there are two problems.
1. nvidia-kernel-source 169.12 is not compatible with kernel 2.6.25.
2. nvidia-kernel-source 169.12 is not compatible with XEN enabled kernels.
So, you need to do the following to compile and install your kernel.
1. Install nvidia-kernel-source as usual (apt-get install nvidia-kernel-source).
2. Patch it as described above with diff from
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110088 to resolve
3. Edit "/usr/src/modules/nvidia-kernel/nv/nv-linux.h" and add "#undef
CONFIG_XEN" just above first "#ifdef CONFIG_XEN" line. Sorry, I am too
lazy to prepare diff for you.
4. Compile and install module by using "make module" and "make install".
This, for sure, is workaround, but it works perfectly.
More information about the Pkg-nvidia-devel