[pkg-nvidia-devel] [patch 190xx] [2/k] vdpau cleanup
debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Mar 28 17:01:28 UTC 2010
I attach a patch for nvidia-graphics-drivers from current SVN that does
some cleanup to the vdpau packaging.
The following 4 files are no longer needed and need to be removed from
Changelog entries with some more comments:
* Add Enhances: libvdpau1 to nvidia-vdpau-driver[-ia32].
I think Enhances: is the right way to tell libvdpau1 that it could use
this as a possible driver. lib32vdpau1 will be available if my patch
from #572206 gets applied to the libvdpau package.
* Add Breaks: libvdpau1 (<< 0.4) to nvidia-vdpau-driver (new directory
layout does not work with old wrapper)
I'm not exactly sure when libvdpau1 switched to use /usr/lib/vdpau ...
but 0.4 does
* Add Depends: libvdpau1 | nvidia-libvdpau1[-ia32]
Installing the driver is not useful if you don't have a wrapper that
could load it, so add some dependencies in that direction.
* vdpau symlink cleanup: for the "plugins" only the
/usr/lib/vdpau/libvdpau_XYZ.so.1 -> libvdpau_XYZ.so.VERSION
links are needed, nothing in /usr/lib/ and no libvdpau_XYZ.so
That means no more compatibility symlink mess in /usr/lib pointing to
the "plugins". Works well, tested with mplayer.
* Update symbols files and lintian overrides for moved vdpau libraries.
Files have been moved around ...
* nvidia-vdpau-driver: drop postinst/postrm scripts.
There is no need to call ldconfig manually for the (de-)installation of
the driver package.
* nvidia-vdpau-driver-ia32: add README.txt.
* debian/control.in: update documentation references.
They were outdated or missing at all.
debian/control needs to be regenerated after applying this patch
Hoping this helps nvidia packaging ...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 15929 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pkg-nvidia-devel