[Pkg-samba-maint] r1104 - trunk
petere at costa.debian.org
Fri Aug 4 00:28:05 UTC 2006
Date: 2006-08-04 00:28:05 +0000 (Fri, 04 Aug 2006)
New Revision: 1104
Small debconf template editorializing, as initially proposed by Steve
--- trunk/samba-common.templates 2006-08-04 00:16:16 UTC (rev 1103)
+++ trunk/samba-common.templates 2006-08-04 00:28:05 UTC (rev 1104)
@@ -62,6 +62,6 @@
passwords. If you want to use clear text passwords you will need to change
a parameter in your Windows registry.
- Choosing this option is highly recommended. If you do, make sure you
+ Enabling this option is highly recommended. If you do, make sure you
have a valid /etc/samba/smbpasswd file and that you set passwords in
there for each user using the smbpasswd command.
--- trunk/samba.templates 2006-08-04 00:16:16 UTC (rev 1103)
+++ trunk/samba.templates 2006-08-04 00:28:05 UTC (rev 1104)
@@ -4,12 +4,12 @@
_Description: Create samba password database, /var/lib/samba/passdb.tdb?
To be compatible with the defaults in most versions of Windows, Samba must
be configured to use encrypted passwords. This requires user passwords to
- be stored in a file separate from /etc/passwd.
+ be stored in a file separate from /etc/passwd. This file can be created
+ automatically, but the passwords must be added manually by running
+ smbpasswd and be kept up-to-date in the future.
- This file can be created automatically, but the passwords must be
- added manually (by running smbpasswd) and be kept up-to-date in the
- future. If you do not create it, you will have to reconfigure samba
- (and probably your client machines) to use plaintext passwords.
+ If you do not create it, you will have to reconfigure Samba (and probably
+ your client machines) to use plaintext passwords.
See /usr/share/doc/samba-doc/htmldocs/ENCRYPTION.html from the
samba-doc package for more details.
More information about the Pkg-samba-maint