[Pki-clean-room-devel] a few questions

Sean Whitton spwhitton at spwhitton.name
Wed Dec 7 23:01:18 UTC 2016

Hello Ana,

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 12:43:31PM -0800, Elizabeth Ferdman wrote:
> For now I'm just going to make everything RSA and 2048.

Why not 4096 bits?

> I know what the signing and encryption keys are but I'm not sure about
> what the authentication key does yet.

In addition to signing and encrypting, the two other capabilities a key
can have are certification, for signing other people's keys, and
authentication, for use as an SSH private key (and possibly other
things, but this is the only use of an authentication subkey I've heard
of).

--
Sean Whitton