[Popcon-developers] Re: popularity-contest rewrite

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
16 Oct 2003 10:51:26 +0200

[Bill Allombert]
> It is the same text string for all supported achitecture *today*.
> However I don't see why Debian should depart from GNU standard
> more than we are already (i.e. i386 for i386-linux), so maintaining it
> in the long run should be painless.

OK.  Go for it. :)

> You misunderstand: the list is given by
>
> dpkg -L package | egrep '/\.*bin/|/sbin/|^/usr/games/|\.[ah]$'
>
> If there is no match, popcon report 'no files' which is silly.
> We should ask avery why he add this regex in the first place and come
> with a better one (maybe '^/usr').

Yes.  He is not on the mailing list (yet, at least), so we need to
copy the emails to him.

> Anyway I don't want to make this kind of chance before the
> infrastructure is fixed so as not to invalkidate results by mixing
> two different algorithms.

Perhaps the reports should include some version number, to make it
possible to find out the format of the report?

> I suppose we could also report the distribution used.

Yes.  I believe it is reported already to BTS.  If not, please do it.
And include a patch. :)