[Popcon-developers] Re: popularity-contest rewrite

apenwarr@nit.ca apenwarr@nit.ca
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 02:17:10 -0400

> > You misunderstand: the list is given by
> >
> > dpkg -L package | egrep '/\.*bin/|/sbin/|^/usr/games/|\.[ah]$'
> >
> > If there is no match, popcon report 'no files' which is silly.
> > We should ask avery why he add this regex in the first place and come
> > with a better one (maybe '^/usr').

ldconfig updates the atime on all .so files, which are executable, and which
in fact are valid ELF binaries.  So I decided only to capture "real"
binaries, and (although I didn't remember until now) apparently header files
and .a files.  I would love to catch .so files as well, but that's no good
because of ldconfig.

> Yes.  He is not on the mailing list (yet, at least), so we need to
> copy the emails to him.

I tried to join, but mailman crashed.  Bah.

Have fun,

Avery