[Popcon-developers] Compressed/encrypted popcon report.

Bill Allombert allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:12:26 +0200

Hello Petter,

I have looked at compressing/encrypting popcon reports.

The problem I have with MIME header is that they do not allow me
to armor the subscription unless I use a Content-Type of
x-popcon. Eventually we could register an application able to
read x-popcon message.

Would you accept this solution ? Armoring made the life of the server
much simpler.

The encryption idea is to ship a public key in the popcon package
and use it to encrypt the report. The popcon server will have the
secret key and decrypt the reports.

The other issue is that I wonder how may time need gluck to
decrypt 800 reports of 3MB each.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>