[Popcon-developers] Re: Request for popcon.debian.org vhost

Bill Allombert allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:17:16 +0100

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:46:17AM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader <leader@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I'm forwarding this request for a popcon.debian.org vhost from the
> > popularity-contest maintainers.  I fully support this request - I
> > think popularity-contest gives us important data of how Debian is
> > used, and this should be an official Debian service (as indicated by
> > the popcon.debian.org domain).  Thanks.
>
> Done on gluck.

Thanks you very much!

I have already moved the web site content to
http://popcon.debian.org.

Now, I need to move the email processor.  IIRC, aliases are processed
with permission nobody:nogroup:
/etc/exim/virtualdomains:
popcon.debian.org: user=nobody group=nogroup directory=/org/popcon.debian.org/mail/

I can either use a pipe alias or a file alias and a crontab job.

For survey@popcon.debian.org to be able to proceed submissions it need
some more permissions.

Probably the simplest is to change the permissions to ballombe:popcon.
Schemes that require lower permissions are possible but they are likely
to have issues like world-writable files or file owned by nobody.
Changing at least the group to popcon seems the minimal requirement.

Of course I am open to other options.

Thanks in advance,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>