[Popcon-developers] Popcon for hardware?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Feb 9 14:24:25 CET 2007

[Dan Kegel]
> Is there any source of data on what hardware is actually in use by
> current debian / ubuntu users?  In particular, statistics on the
> output of lspci would be quite wonderful.

Ubuntu collect one, but do not share it.  I asked for access, and they
were reluctant to share.

Check out <URL:http://hwdb.ubuntu.com/> for the collector, and

> In particular, it would be nice to have a source of data to make
> rational decisions about which hardware (e.g. graphics cards) to
> stock a QA lab with.

Yes, it would be great to have access to that data.  See my post
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/11/msg00894.html> for
more info on my view on this.

Friendly,
--