[Popcon-developers] Is the number of Debian installations dropping?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Jan 2 08:04:06 UTC 2008

According to <URL: http://popcon.debian.org/ >, the number of machines
reporting to popularity-contest have been as high as 70 000,-, but is
now declining.  Today, it is a down to 69474.

Is this because the number of Debian installations are falling, or
because of some technical issue with popularity-contest?  Frans Pop
reported in #440493 that he had problems with http submissions
failing, and this make me wonder if there is an issue with the http
server.  I'm not sure how to debug this.

Cc to debian-admin, in case they know about any problems with http on
gluck.debian.org.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinhoildtsen