[Popcon-developers] setting up my own popcon

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Mon Aug 29 16:40:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:34:51AM -0400, Fabrice Quenneville wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> last question for tonight :)
>
> mirrorbase = "/org/ftp.debian.org/ftp"
> This and all other mirrorbases: is that where i want to put my scripts or
> where ill want the www to be or is it looking for a local repository mirror
> ? (im guessing i want apache to point to that ? or the www under it ?)
>
> sry about all the emails if i have more tommorow ill sum them up in 1 email.

Hello Fabrice,
First you can ignore clean-filter and clean-genpkglist which are not used by
the server.
You can set up either a SMTP server and an optionnal HTTP server.
For SMTP, you only need to setup a email address to send reports to.
For HTTP, you need to install the CGI script popcon-submit.cgi on a webserver.
it will forward the report to the email address.

popcon-process.sh is used to process data and generate the popcon website.
popcon-process.sh needs a local mirror of your distribution.
Emails are expected to be in $MAILDIR/survey.

On the client side, you need to change MAILTO and SUBMITURLS in
/usr/share/popularity-contest/default.conf
to add your email/URL.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>