[Popcon-developers] Accessing popcon data

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz tiago at debian.org
Wed Mar 23 01:27:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm sponsoring Tássia in her Master's project, which intends to be useful (as
truly usable) for Debian in the future:

"The main goal of my master's project is to develop an application recommender
for GNU/Linux distributions, based on the system installed applications and
other systems' behaviour (for colaborative strategies)."

http://www.ime.usp.br/~tassia/apprec.html

We've reached the point where we need to perform some popcon raw data
processing in order to get a realistic status of the strategies coded.

I'm fully aware of privacy issues involved and hereby state that any raw data
or resulted information from it will be shared/published to noone/nowhere
without discussion (and no objection) in popcon-developers list. We actually
intend to provide some general statistics in the future. However, every step
regarding popcon data for this project will be presented here before making
results public.

Tássia is a long term Debian user and contributor from Brazil. I'm sure she is
very trusted by many other Debian Developers, mainly due to her work in past
(and current) DebConfs. She is also my wife - if that matters here.

That said, if there's no objection, I'll go ahead in few days.

ps: Cc'ing Enrico and Zack, once they have recently been interacting with
Tássia on this.

Best regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org